Arrow Writing + Editing: Terms of Engagement
ABN 86 494 955 398
Aim of document
To outline the specific terms and conditions of engaging Arrow Writing + Editing [https://arrowwritingediting.com] for writing, editing, research, consulting and support services.
We will do our very best to accommodate Client requests and needs at all times, within the following parameters.
A. Service availability
- Working days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday [and weekend days by arrangement].
- Business hours: 8:30 am – 5:30 pm. [But we are flexible to suit your needs].
- We offer mobile consultancy services and I am based in Hobart.
- For private meetings, suitable facilities will be arranged. We can also communicate with Clients using Skype, Facebook or Zoom.
- We monitor emails regularly during working days business hours and check once daily outside working day business hours.
- Some work will also be completed on weekends at our discretion, or can be arranged by prior discussions.
- Work requiring rapid turn-around on weekends may incur an added Rush Rate of 25% of the quoted fee.
B. Time sheets and invoicing
- Time sheets are filled in daily to report on time spent with each Client, and they also show un-billed administrative time.
- Tasks taking longer than 30 minutes individually will be itemised and noted. For smaller tasks, a more general description will be used to keep administrative time requirements at a minimum. If you require more detail, please make a request.
- Time is billed in 30-minute time slots within working day business hours. Outside working day business hours, Client initiated time is billed in one hour slots and may attract a surcharge if requested specifically by the Client and not agreed to prior.
C. Service charges
- Fixed price Quote: When you email your requirements, we will provide you with a fixed price Quote for your project, within 24 hours. When you consider hiring us, we will email this Terms of Engagement and Contract, which protects both parties and prevents misunderstandings. If you are happy with the Quote and Terms, then the Contract can be counter-signed.
- A minimum project fee of AU$250 applies to all projects for new clients. The balance of the invoice is payable within 7 days after completion of the project.
- For projects which generate a quote over $3,000, we require %50 to be paid before work is commenced. The balance of the invoice is payable within 7 days after completion of the project.
- Rapid turnaround fee: If you need a job done ASAP, we can do it for you. We charge a 25% Rush Rate for rapid turnaround service.
- Retainer fee: You may wish to retain my services on a regular basis – we’d love that too! We are happy to discuss and tailor retainer fees.
- Payments can be made by direct bank transfer [BSB: 807009 (My State Financial); Account No. 12310651].
- Arrow Writing + Editing services do not incur GST.
- Any time spent within working day business hours on projects and tasks, which are Client-initiated, requested or approved will be charged at the quoted hourly rate.
- Billable time includes any time spent specifically on something for the Client’s benefit including (but not exclusively):
- Client meetings,
- consultation of any type,
- writing advice and support,
- report or document planning,
- strategy development,
- communication advice,
- general advice,
- project management, and
- general coordination and tasks.
- Non-billable time is time spent prior to commitment of engagement of service and time spent on administrative tasks (for example, time sheet documentation, invoice creation, and following up invoices).
- For Client last-minute requests that require work outside working day business hours, a surcharge may apply. The Client will be notified when this is the case. The Client must approve all work of this nature, prior to commencement.
- There is a strict 7-day payment period, following issue of our invoice, unless other terms for pre-, part- or ongoing payment has been agreed to by both parties.
- We are responsible for the payment of all federal, state, and/or local taxes with respect to the services we perform for the Client as an independent contractor. The Client will not treat Arrow Writing + Editing as an employee for any purpose.
D. Client responsibility
It is assumed:
- The Client understands that if a decision made changes the scope or direction of a project, additional time for coordination will be required. We will advise when this seems likely.
- For each project or task, Arrow Writing + Editing will require feedback, direction, and decision making to come from the Client in a timely fashion. Untimely Client responses may result in project milestones and deadlines being adversely affected.
- The Client understands that there are certain situations that will call for more resources or time, and which cannot be foreseen.
- Clients request work to be undertaken within realistic timeframes.
- Upon acceptance of the work, the Client accepts responsibility for any further processes in which this work is used. Arrow Writing + Editing is not responsible for errors occurring in this later work or projects related to this work after acceptance of the work by the Client.
- We reserve the right to refuse or deny service to any Client or prospective Client for any reason and without explanation.
E. Hourly rate exclusions
- The quoted hourly rate includes service and consultation only. Clients will be advised and approval sought for additional costs. The following items are not included in the quoted hourly rate and charges for these items may apply:
- Other consultant fees (photography, graphic design, etc.),
- Travel costs and expenses (includes travel time that prohibits any other work from being done – for example, driving),
- Postage, air freight & courier fees,
- Font licensing fees,
- Stock photography/imagery costs,
- Application subscription costs,
- Software or program fees.
- We may receive or have access to information, which relates to the Client’s past, present, or future products, vendor lists, creative works, marketing strategies, pending projects/proposals, and other proprietary information.
- We agree to protect the confidentiality of the Client’s proprietary information and all physical forms thereof, whether disclosed to us before the Agreement is signed or afterward. Unless strict confidentiality is requested by the Client in advance of the establishment of this contract, we can display materials and final work created for the Client on the Arrow Writing + Editing’s website. [https://arrowwritingediting.com]
- All files are deleted eight weeks after completion of editing, unless requested otherwise by the Client.
- We agree to produce project materials at the request of the Client for fees agreed upon in advance and delivery of the work by an agreed-upon deadline.
- We agree that we will be the sole authors of the work, which will be original work and to the best of our efforts, free of plagiarism.
- Copyright remains with the Client. By extension, responsibility for satisfying legal requirements such as libel and plagiarism also remains with the Client.
- We are not liable for incidental, indirect consequential, punitive, or exemplary damages, including loss of business, lost profits or revenues, or loss of data related to the service/s provided by Arrow Writing + Editing.
- This exemption applies to any claim, loss, or injury based on errors, omissions, interruptions, or any other inaccuracies which may appear in an edited Client document.
- We are not responsible or liable for service delays resulting from electricity outage, technical, computing, Internet connection or server issues, beyond my control. We will communicate these issues to the Client and attempt to meet deadlines as best as possible.
- Both parties understand that the Client or Arrow Writing + Editing may terminate the service at any time if, for any reason, the relationship is deemed unsatisfactory by either party.
- Upon written or verbal cancellation, the Client is responsible for payment for all expenses incurred and any work done towards the completion of the project based on the percentage of the project completed that is determined by Arrow Writing + Editing.
- Should the Client cancel the project following its completion, the Client is responsible for full payment as per the agreed quote, plus all expenses incurred.
- In the event of cancellation, Arrow Writing + Editing retains ownership of all copyrights and original work created.
We reserve the right to change our terms and conditions at any time.